Wednesday, May 27, 2009

a good story...

Here's another good short story about someone who ask too much but don't do much. Sometimes in life you just have to do things instead of asking about this and that. And when you are patient enough, you will see all the things in life coming along your way. When people say you have to see it to believe it. This is how it applies in life, you just have to taste it to know the answers of your questions about life.

Tasting Life
(by Anthony De Mello)

Before the young man began his studies, he wanted assurance from the Master.
"Can you teach me the goal of human life?"
"I cannot," replied the Master.
"Or at least its meaning?"
"I cannot."
"Can you indicate to me the nature of death and of life beyond the grave?"
"I cannot."
The young man walked away in scorn. The disciples were dismayed that their Master had been shown up in a poor light.
Said the Master soothingly, "Of what is it to comprehend life's nature and life's meaning if you have never tasted it? I'd rather you ate your pudding than speculated on it."
Patience is the companion of wisdom. ~St. Augustine
(source from here)

No comments: