Monday, June 8, 2009

Soft Boiled Egg with Home Fries

Hmmm hmmm look at this egg. Soooo yummy. I love eggs and I can have it anytime..day and night, boil, fried..anykind of it. This one is included.. "Soft Boiled Egg with Home Fries". It's so easy to make it. And for sure this will be my breakfast menu for tomorrow morning.


Ingredients: (Serves 2 people)
- 3 large potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 2 eggs.

Directions:
  1. Chop the potatoes in half and place in a large pot with a lid.
  2. Cover the potatoes in water and bring to the boil over a high heat. When the potatoes come to the boil lower the heat so the water comes to a steady simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is nice and tender when poked with a fork. Drain the potatoes and carefully chop into bitesize chunks.
  3. Prepare the onion and gently fry in a large frying pan with a tablespoon of oil over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until the onion softens and begins to take colour.
  4. Add the potato pieces and fry on all sides for about 6-8 minutes or until the pieces are all nicely browned.
  5. Place the two eggs into a small pot and cover with water and bring to the boil. When the water begins to boil, set a timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes drain the eggs under cold water and serve alongside a generous portion of home fries. (source from thegoodmoodfoodblog.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an egg fanatic! I love them, any way they are prepared, except raw, lol. Although I used to waitress at a French restaurant in Montreal, and the steak tartare was served with a raw egg on top. Everyone who ordered it ate the whole thing! hmmm...come to think of it, I've eaten steak tartare and part of it is a raw egg in the mixture, so I retract that above statement. Yes, I will eat raw eggs (but ONLY in a tartare!!!)

My fave is a poached egg on an English muffin with shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled on top!

boya arsila said...

Same here Rain..I don't eat raw eggs but when I think about how I really love to eat porridge with raw egg hmm I think I have to retract the previous statement ha ha.
So I guess that makes the two of us..egg fanatics=)
And hmmm poached egg on an english muffin..oh My God..now you make Me hungry=p