Monday, June 1, 2009

A tale of two cities...


"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only"

I never get tired reading the quote above. It's an opening paragraph of Charles Dickens' 'A Tale of Two Cities'. Have you read it? It's one my my fave books of all time. The story has a little bit of everything, history, devotion, love, anger, selfishness and other things. I've read this book so many times, I even have it in so many version. Children's version, the original version, the short version, the one with pictures on it..and love it all=) Click here to read it for free and click here to read it with the illustration. Now the question is...does anyone have the movie of this story? I want one please please pleaseeee....Here's a video I found on youtube, I don't care if people say it's such an old movie but I still want to see it anyway. And I still keep my hope that someday someone will do a modern version or a re-make of this story. Hoping and hoping=)

No comments: