Monday, July 6, 2009

Fireworks..


I love fireworks. Back in my university years, when I was abroad, my apartment was located just beside the theme park. The theme park often had fireworks shows once every few weeks. When the show is on, I used to wait in the balcony just to see the fireworks. Watching the colorful lights can be so exciting for me.

Fireworks were originally invented in ancient China in the 12th century to scare away evil spirits, as a natural extension of the Chinese invention of gunpowder. Wow, this is the new info for me. But nowadays I believe that fireworks shows are held for public events. Here are some of the amazing pictures of the fireworks I found.




Click here to find out more about Fireworks.
(source from digitalpicturezone.com)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos! I love fireworks! I missed them this year on Canada Day though, boo hoo. This part of Quebec doesn't celebrate Canada...shame, but next summer I'll be able to see them on PEI!

boya arsila said...

The last time I saw fireworks was on New Year's Eve...I hope you'll get a chance to see an amazing firework show=)

Anonymous said...

I swear I become such a kid when he comes to fireworks. I love the first photo since I can tell it is from disneyland or disneyworld. I had a wonderful 4th of July yet again. Hope yours was loverly.

boya arsila said...

Wow..I guess fireworks can always excite us..young old man woman..we all love fireworks=)