Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

I'm reading Jodi Picoult's book "My Sister's Keeper". I just read the first few chapters. The reason why I read the book because the movie will come soon in my country. I know that I will love the story. It's a family-based story. And it's because about the love of sisters. I have a sister, so more or less I know how it feels when someone close to go suffers from illness.

Don't you always feel sad when there's a story about an illness that can cause a family member to die? I always feel sad seeing and reading that kind of story. So, the book/movie is about a couple, Sara (Cameron Diaz) and Brian Fitzgerald (Jason Patric), who found out that their young daughter Kate (Sofia Vassilieva) has leukemia. And they thought that they can save Kate by having a new baby Anna (Abigail Breslin) to be used as a donor for Kate. First is the the umbilical cord , the next thing is the kidney. Years passed by and finally Anna decides to sue her won parents for medical emancipation and the right to decide how her body will be used. Want to know the ending? I think you have to found out by yourself=) Here a sneak preview of the movie.


(image via here)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to read this book!

boya arsila said...

I can't stop reading it since the first time I open the book..