Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ten Spiritual Tonics

What's your favorite number? I love number 3 and 10. Why 3, because I'm a third child, I was born on Wednesday (in which I consider as the third day of the week) and the last reason is that I always think that there are always three side of something. For example, left-middle-right, young-mature-old, black-gray-white. Does it sound silly to you? I don't know but those are just my thoughts. The reason why I love number 10 is because I have 10 fingers, 10 seems to always be the perfect score for everything and last but not the least, 10 is the anniversary date of my boyfriend and I. So I'm calling it as lucky #10. And the list below can also be the reason why I love number 10. Here are the ten spiritual tonics for you...

Ten Spiritual Tonics from Abraham L. Feinberg.
  1. Stop worrying. Worry kills life.
  2. Begin each day with a prayer. It will arm your soul.
  3. Control appetite. Over-indulgence clogs body and mind.
  4. Accept your limitations . . .
  5. Don't envy. It wastes time and energy.
  6. Have faith in people. Cynicism sours the disposition.
  7. Find a hobby. It will relax your nerves.
  8. Read a book a week to stimulate imagination and broaden your views.
  9. Spend some time alone for the peace of solitude and silence.
  10. Try to want what you have, instead of spending your strength trying to get what you want.

No comments: