Monday, June 20, 2011

Touch..

Do you love to be touched? When I feel sad and low, a good warm hug can really cure me. It's like a remedy to my mood. A good touch is really important for me, it can give me the loving feeling. When my husband gives me a gentle hug or hold my hand tight in the crowd or even give me a small kiss on the forehead or giving me a comforting hug when I'm low, it gives me a splendid feeling, knowing that those acts show me that there's a person who really care for me and loves me. Here are 6 reasons we need to be touched from enlightr.


6 Reasons You Need To Be Touched

  1. Feel connected to others. We are social beings.
  2. Reduce anxiety. Simply touching another person can make us feel more secure and less anxious.
  3. Bonding. Regular touch is one of the ways that we continually renew our bonds with those we love.
  4. Lowers your blood pressure. Studies have shown that those that get regular touch often have lower blood pressure than those that don’t.
  5. Improve your outlook. It’s harder to get into a pessimistic funk when you feel connected to others.
  6. Give us the sensory input that we crave. All the various kinds of touch from butterfly kisses to deep tissue massage send our brains the physical inputs it needs to make sense of the world.
(article source: enlightr.com - image source: vi.sualize.us)

No comments: