Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

Good moring =) Hope you all had a great weekend. I have a question to ask..is it too late to make new year's resolution? I hope not, since we can all say that this is still the very first week of the year. Don't you think so? I usually make new year's resolutions but the last couple of years I didn't make any. I just live my life just the way it goes and make changes as things go by. So, I found this article called "7 New Years Resolutions You Should Try" written by Aprille on All Women Stalk. I think it's good to try one or more of the recommended ideas. So, here's the list...



"7 New Years Resolutions You Should Try"
  1. Show More Kindness - I find myself collecting more and more stuff each year. Sometimes I get in a cleaning mood and end up throwing tons of stuff in a cardboard box. I try not to look in the box again and close it up as soon as it is full. There is always some place around here accepting donations, whether it is one of the local churches or the thrift store in the next town. I feel better knowing that someone else will get good use out of my things.
  2. Bake Something Twice A MonthChoose a different neighbor each time. The neighbors don’t have to be right next door, either. I live out in the country, so people are spread miles apart. I like to bake during the holidays and take goodies to the bank, post office, grocery store, the hardware store, and the local gas station. These are the only businesses in town. Living in a community where houses were closer, it would definitely be a lot easier to bake more often.
  3. Take A Family Outing - Look for free things to do with the family. That way you won’t have to save up money and the outing won’t have to be canceled due to lack of funds. Go on a picnic, take a walk through a favorite park, visit a festival that is in town, or make it game night indoors if the weather is too sketchy to be traveling in. Maybe you could work things out with friends and rotate to each other’s houses once a month for dinner and a movie.
  4.  Cook An Exotic Meal - Tons of recipes are available online and most are easy to follow. The hardest part might be finding the right ingredients. Try making a dish from a different countryeach month or maybe pick a region of the world and cook up a few different entrees from this same country for an entire week out of the month. There are many possibilities with this resolution!
  5.  Make A Charitable Donation - I find myself collecting more and more stuff each year. Sometimes I get in a cleaning mood and end up throwing tons of stuff in a cardboard box. I try not to look in the box again and close it up as soon as it is full. There is always some place around here accepting donations, whether it is one of the local churches or the thrift store in the next town. I feel better knowing that someone else will get good use out of my things.
  6. Pamper Yourself - Take time to lounge in a warm bubble bath, then paint yourtoe nails or soak your hands and give yourself a manicure.If you can afford it, I recommend getting a massage, even if it is only a half hour one. It’s amazing how relaxed you will feel afterwards! Pampering doesn’t always have to include something physical either. Maybe eating lunch at a favorite sandwich shop or hanging out at a bookstore for the afternoon is more up your ally. Anything that you don’t normally get to do that makes you happy could count as pampering.
  7. Go Vegan Once A Week - Every Monday I get an email from a website that promotes Meatout Mondays. These recipes are usually very yummy and easy to make. I find this method of taking time out from eating meat to be easier than trying to find recipes in a cookbook. The recipe comes in my email, I gather the ingredients, and then make it for the family. Not everyone is as thrilled with this as I would like, but they really are tasty. I also feel like I’m helping my family eat healthier too.
(article via allwomenstalk - image via weheartit)

No comments: